It is better to prevent mistakes and also learn from other’s mistakes. This is especially true in WordPress development. There is possibility that you make mistake if the WordPress is new for you and you just start a work on it. If you make such mistakes it can be affected your blog or website. Our WordPress development service experts show you few common mistakes you should avoid.
- Wrong platform : WordPress.com and WordPress.org, most of the people confused between both of them. This is a very common mistake done by beginners. If you are beginner, it is very important you should know the difference between these two. These two have some advantages and disadvantages and it is very difficult to you to decide which one is better for you. WordPress.com is advisable for bloggers, artists and photographers. WordPress.org good for those who want host their website themselves.
- Forgetting to change username : Before starting, first when you install WordPress, it is creates admin username automatically. The WordPress give the option of changing the username during installation. Many beginners forget about it. However, it increases the chances of hacking. Make sure you change the default admin-username into other different name and use a strong password with the combination of letters, symbol and numbers for your account.
- Using defective theme : Choosing the perfect and good theme is very overwhelming task and the theme is important for your WP site or blog. A theme is crucial for search engine ranking. You can choose any theme according to your website from WordPress theme directory. Here you get a huge number of themes.
- Forgetting about caching plug-in : There are many beginners who don’t know that the speed of website is vital for higher ranking on search engines, due to this they avoid installing a caching plug-in. Caching plug-in affect the loading speed of your web page. There are various type of cache plug-in include W3 Total Cache, Quick Cache, Hyper Cache, WP Super Cache and WP Fastest Cache.
- Forgetting about updates : WordPress requires many updates time to time. These updates are crucial to improve website speed and efficiency. If you ignore any update of WP and due to medieval software, your site can be hacked very easily by hackers. There are three main factors for updating WordPress application, plugin and themes.
Except these, there are many more mistakes. By following these given above issues and should avoid common pitfalls of WordPress, create the best WordPress website.
Everyone makes mistake because none of us is perfect. But not learning from it and repeat it again is a bigger crime. The important thing is to learn from them and avoid them in the future.
Pushfire is the right partner for you to develop a WordPress website. Our professionals definitely assist you in designing the right website for your brand.